The Research Group on Human Genome Diversity is led by Dr. David Comas. The group focuses on the human genome diversity analysis in order to infer the (genomic and population) processes responsible for this diversity and try to establish the (population and epidemiological) consequences of the human genetic variability.
The main research lines are:
- The population history of the European populations: The Genographic Project
- Evolutionary history and adaptations in Central African populations
- The population structure of North African populations
- The Roma: the demographic history of European Gypsies
- The origin and diversity of Catalan surnames