Communication, Advertising and Society is a research group led by Dra. Mònika Jiménez. The group focuses on communication phenomena not only from a communication perspective but also from an integrated one, combining psychology, sociology, social psychology and discourse analysis. Consequently, it promotes the combined use of quantitative, qualitative and experimental methodologies in order to achieve a deeper understanding of how communication and advertising influence people's individual and social behaviour.
The main research lines are:
- New consumer trends, brand communication and the advertising industry.
- Destination & Place Branding.
- Psycho-social analysis of persuasive messages.
- Effect analysis of the advertising discourse.
- Media & social discourse: gender, youth and childhood.
- New communication strategies in traditional media, the Web, mobile phones and social media.
- New trends in public relations.