Cash Gibson, Lucinda
Lucinda Cash-Gibson, BSc, MSc, MRes, PhD, has been part of the Health Inequalities Research Group and Ecology (GREDS-EMCONET) and JHU-UPF Public Policy Center since 2015. In early 2021 she joined the Vall d'Hebron Institute of Research (VHIR) as a Scientific Project Manager. He's also Editorial Board Member of BioMedCentral (BMC) Public Health Journal, focused on the social determinants of health.
Lucinda holds a PhD in Public Health (Cum Laude) from Universitat Pompeu Fabra (2016-2020); her thesis was on: “Where, Why and How Scientific Knowledge on Health Inequalities in Generated? -An integrated perspective to strengthen understanding of health inequalities research capacities. Key insights from the United Kingdom and the city of Barcelona”. She also holds a Master of Research (MSc) degree in Sociology and Demography from Universitat Pompeu Fabra (2015-2016), a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Reproductive and Sexual Health Research (Public Heath) from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK (2007-2008), and a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Molecular Cell Biology from University College London, UK (2004-2017).
Research Interests (key words)
Health inequalities; sociology of scientific knowledge; philosophy of science; research capacity strengthening; health systems strengthening; integrated care; implementation research; public policy analysis.
Appointments and visiting positions
- Pre-doctoral Researcher - Research Group on Health Inequalities, Environment and Employment Conditions Network, Department of Political and Social Sciences, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain (2015-2020).
- Pre-doctoral Researcher - Johns Hopkins University - Pompeu Fabra University Public Policy Center, Barcelona, Spain (2015-2020).
- Consultant - World Health Organization, WHO European Centre for Primary Health Care, Almaty, Kazakhstan (2018-2019).
- Consultant - World Health Organization, Barcelona Office for Health Systems Strengthening, Barcelona, Spain (2018-2019).
- Intern - World Health Organization, Barcelona Office for Health Systems Strengthening (2017-2018).
- Researcher- IESE Business School, Center for Research on Healthcare Innovation Management (2013-2015).
- Cash-Gibson, L; Pericàs JM, Martinez-Herrera E, Benach J. Health Inequalities in the Time of COVID-19: The Globally Reinforcing Need to Strengthen Health Inequalities Research Capacities. Int J Health Serv. 2021 Mar 8:2073142199393
- Cash-Gibson, L; Harris, M; Guerra, G; Benach, J. A novel conceptual model and heuristic tool to strengthen understanding and capacities for health inequalities research. Health Res Policy Sys 18, 42 (2020).
- Llop-Girones, A; Cash-Gibson, L; Chicumbe, S; Alvarez, F; Zahinos, I; Mazive, E; Benach; J. Strengthening health equity monitoring is essential in public health: lessons from Mozambique. Global Health 15, 67 (2019).
- Peralta, A; Benach, J; Borrell, C; Espinel, V; Cash-Gibson, L; Marí-Dell’Olmo, M. Evaluation of the Mortality Registry in Ecuador (2001-2013): Social and Geographical Inequalities in Data Completeness and Quality. Population Health Metrics. 2019; 17:3.
- Cash-Gibson, L; Tigova, O; Alonso, A; Binkley, G; Rosenmöller, M. Project INTEGRATE: Developing a Framework to Guide Design, Implementation and Evaluation of People-centred Integrated Care Processes. International Journal of Integrated Care. 2019;19(1):3. doi: 10.5334/ijic.4178
- ash-Gibson, L; F Rojas Gualdron, D; M Pericas, J; Benach, J (2018). Inequalities in the Global Health Inequalities Research: A 50-year Bibliometric Analysis (1996-2015). PLOS ONE. 13(1): e0191901.
- Cash-Gibson, L; Rosenmoller, M. Project INTEGRATE – A Common Methodological Approach to Understand Integrated Health Care in Europe. Int J Integr Care.14(4). ISSN 1568-4156. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/ijic.1980.
- Cash-Gibson, L; Guerra y Guerra, G; Salgado de Snyder, N. SDH-Net: A South-North-South collaboration to build sustainable capacities for research on social determinants of health in low and middle income countries. Health Res Policy Sys 13, 45 (2015).
Participation in international projects
- European Commission FP7 Collaborative research project: "SDH-Net- Building Sustainable Capacity for Research for Health and its Social Determinants in Low and Middle- Income Countries" in Africa and Latin America (2012-2015) (http://www.sdh-net.eu/).
- European Commission FP7 Collaborative research project: “Project Integrate – Benchmarking Integrated Care for Better Management of Chronic and Age-Related Conditions in Europe" (2012-2016) (http://projectintegrate.eu/).
- MI Innovative Medicines Initiative funded project: EU-PEARL - EU Patient- cEntric clinicAl tRial pLatforms (2019-2023).(https://eu-pearl.eu/)