The five broad objectives are:
- To articulate a systematic, shared, innovative and accessible accumulated corpus of knowledge, capable of developing a Mediterranean Migration research agenda.
- To develop training initiatives and encourage knowledge exchange and collaboration between senior and young researchers, and PhD Students of both sides of the Mediterranean, between researchers and social/policy/political representatives.
- To promote conceptual and methodological advancement for a comprehensive understanding of Mediterranean Migration Studies.
- To promote the potentialities of Migration and Human Mobilities for the economic, cultural, political and social development of the Mediterranean and contribute to a multi-lateral and multi-level approach on Migration policies and Migration Governance in the Mediterranean.
- To place Mediterranean Migration Studies within the global migration agenda.
Four areas of interest:
- Migration and Mediterranean Geo-political international relations
- Migration and Mediterranean Governance and politics
- Migration and Mediterranean Social and Cultural relations
- Migration and Mediterranean Economic and Market relations
Subtopics of interest:
- Refugees/Forced displacements in the Mediterranean
- Multi-level migration Governance in the Mediterranean
- Mediterranean Cities and Migration
- Intercultural Relations in diverse Mediterranean settings
- Transnational Mediterranean challenges (political, cultural, social, economic)
- Citizenship Attitudes towards Mediterranean Migrations
- Conceptual and qualitative methodological innovations in Mediterranean Migration research
- Innovative data collections and statistics on Mediterranean migration
- Human Mediterranean geography
- Geo-politics and Diplomatic relations in Mediterranean Migration affairs
- External dimension of migration policies in the Mediterranean area
- Diaspora and return policies in the Mediterranean
- Climate change and migration in the Mediterranean
- Mediterranean Market and Migrations
- Young Mediterranean Migrants
- Social Mobility and Discriminations of Mediterranean migrants
- Mediterranean Media and Migration coverage
- History of Migrations in the Mediterranean.
- Labour markets, employment and migration
- Demographics and migration
- Highly-skilled migration