The Jean Monnet Chair in Governance in the European Union is held by Javier Arregui, Associate Professor of European Politics in the Political and Social Sciences department at UPF. His main research areas are the political process and the policy-making that take place in the EU, as well as the European public policies which are designed and approved in Brussels and that are implemented in the member states.
Prof. Dr. Arregui works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, including professors Yannis Karagiannis (Professor at the Barcelona Institute of International Studies), Aida Torres (professor of the Law Department of UPF and the European University Institute) and Andrea Noferini (Professor at UPF and senior researcher at the University Institute of European Studies of Barcelona).
- B.A in Political Sciences and Sociology at UNED (1994). Master in Political Behavior at the University of Essex (1997) and Diploma of Data Analysis at CIS (Centro de Investigaciones Sociológicas, 1999). In 2004, he obtained his PhD in Political Sciences, entitled "Negotiation in Legislative Decision-Making in the European Union" in the Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology, of the University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Associate Professor of European Politics in the Political and Social Sciences department of UPF since 2010
- Director- Coordinator of the Master in Research in Political Science and the European Master in Governance (taught jointly between UPF and the University of Konstanz)
- Participation in different research projects (both national and international) as Main Researcher. Currently, he participates in two research projects:
1) "The Implementation Process of the European Union Legislation in Spain" Research Project (CS02012-35554). Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness of the Government of Spain. Main researcher: Javier Arregui. Co-investigators: Andrea Noferini, Mònica Clua-Losada, Robert Thomson. 2013-2016;
2) "Mapa de la influencia de los Actores Españoles en Bruselas". Research project funded by Instituto Elcano. Main Researchers: Ignacio Molina and Javier Arregui
- Member of the Standing Group of the European Union of the ECPR, and the DEU (Decision-making in the EU) Group.
Prof. Dr. Javier Arregui
UPF - Departament of Political and Social Sciences
Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27
Public Policy Center
Johns Hopkins University and University Pompeu Fabra
UPF Research Park
Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27
Tel: +34 93 542 27 35
Fax: +34 93 542 23 72