6th Doctoral Student Workshop (2018)
- Jordina Torrents "Surgical planning system for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome fetal surgery"
- Alp Oktem "Generating punctuation in Transcribed Speech: Combining lexical and prosodic features using parallel recurrent neural networks"
- Xavier Favory "Freesound Datasets: A Platform for the Creation of Open Audio Datasets"
- Adria Arbués "Identifying Basketball Plays from Sensor Data; towards a Low-Cost Automatic Extraction of Advanced Statistics"
5th Doctoral Student Workshop (2017)
- 1st Prize: Ciera Crowel: poster entitled "Multiplayer Collaboration in Virtual Environments for Children with Autism".
- 2nd Prize: Antonie Grimaldi : poster entitled "Natural image statistics as a function of dynamic range".
- Marius Miron : "Training neural networks for classical music source separation"
- Mónica Domínguez with the poster "Praat on the Web: An Upgrade of Praat for Semi-Automatic Speech Annotation".
Víctor Casamayor for "Act as an intelligent robot, sense like an ant".
Jordi Pons for "Thinking a grounded deep learning paradigm for music modeling"
4th Doctoral Student Workshop (2016)
- 1st Prize: Pablo Aragon: Boosting Online democracy through Social Computing. Supervisor: Vicenç Gómez.
- 2nd Prize: Ciera Crowell: A Full-body Interaction Virtual Environment for Promoting Social Behaviors in Children with Autism. Supervisor: Narcís Parés
- Amit Ahire (GTI): Interactive Character Animation With Hybrid Approach (results not yet published, repository kept still private)
- Pablo Aragón (AI): Boosting Online Democracy through Social Computing (publication accepted - to be available in e-repository; data to be published with API and data exploration interface - prototype data exploration)
- Juanjo Bosch (MIR Lab, MTG): Melody extraction in symphonic music recordings: dataset, method and visualisation tool (publication, datasets and software ongoing, to be published)
- Monica Dominguez (TALN): Acoustics and Linguistics: The Natural Blend for Expressive Speech in Human-Machine Interaction (publications accepted; datasets)
- Georgi Dzhambazov (ASP Lab, MTG): Keyphrase spotting of lyrics in acapella recordings using probabilistic modeling (publication, associated dataset and publication, code)
- Sergio Oramas (ASP Lab, MTG), Luis Espinosa (TALN): Music Meets NLP: Datasets and Challenges (publication accepted describing dataset and framework; datasets; software
- Windhya Rankothge (Sup. J. Lobo): Data Modelling for the Evaluation of Virtualized Network Functions Resource Allocation Algorithms (publication 1 and publication 2; data sets, modelling methods, software and documentation
3rd Doctoral student workshop (2015)
- Nerea Mangado. “Uncertainty and variability in biomedical engineering”.
- Laura Becerra “Addressable wireless microstimulators based on electronic rectification of epidemically applied currents are feasible”.
- Diogo Santos Pata “The effects of hyperpolarization-reset on entorhinal grid cells scale and intrinsic frequencies along the dorsal-ventral axis”.
- Monica Domínguez “Information structure-prosody interface applied to speech synthesis”.
- Raúl Parada “Towards measuring user-object interaction in IoT spaces”.