Please submit a reuse a poster you already have from a conference.related to your PhD proposal / ongoing research. You can also
1. Abstract submission
Submission form available here.
- Submission deadline: March 23rd
- Acceptance notification: April 3rd
Note: "How to make a good abstract" slides here.
2. Poster submission
Before April 15th, 2020 send your poster as a pdf file to us ([email protected]). Please use the name YOURNAME.pdf (not needed if you bring your own poster).
- Poster content must be limited to one page only, A0 size (1189 x 841 mm), portrait.
- Posters from EITIC PhD students should include the EITIC logo. (cat: png format , ai format) (eng: png format) (cast: png format)
- Please generate a pdf file if the poster is to be printed by the Department.
There will be two awards:
- EiTIC People's Choice Award: A travel grant of up to 1400€ to attend a scientific event related to the PhD research.
- María de Maeztu DTIC-UPF Open Science Award: 1.000€ to be used in further advancing the research of the awardee. If you wish to participate in this award it is required to fill in this form
4. Poster printing
For students of the PhD program in ICTs at UPF, the printing of the posters will be carried out by the secretary of the Department. Posters can be collected the day before the event. Otherwise, please print your own poster and bring it the day of the workshop.
5. Slides submission
Send a maximum of 2 slides as a pdf file. Please use the name YOURNAME_Talk.pdf
Recommended format: Landscape, Screen 16:9
6. Poster Setup
- Each presenter will have a dedicated area for poster presentation.
- All presenters should arrive to the venue at 9:30 to set up their posters as the session begins promptly at 10:00.
- Pushpins to mount your posters will be provided onsite.
- All posters will remain displayed throughout the day.
7. Short Talks
You will have 2’ to explain your poster. Aim to deliver the important points of your project in a comprehensible and convincing way.
Present the background and the purpose of your project, the main findings, and round off with a conclusion.
8. Poster session & Questions in front of the poster
You might be requested by the viewers to answer a few questions in front of your poster.
Answer questions using your poster as visual aid.