CardioFunXion winterschool 2017
13 Feb 2017
The CardioFunXion projet is pleased to announce the organization of a winter school centered on cardiac ultrasound image acquisition and processing that will take place in Paris in February 2017.
13-17 February 2017
The complete agenda is given below.
Both lectures and practical sessions are proposed.
In terms of lectures, the first day focuses on state of the art acquistion methods, how these can be simulated to understand ultrasound physics and how novel advances on ultrafast imaging.
The next days are dedicated to image processing (focusing on flow and deformation), clinical challenges in diagnostics and interventional ultrasound imaging, as well as novel statistical techniques to explore high dimensional data in populations imaged with ultrasound.
We also proposed three practical workshops that will run over all afternoons to offer a unique training opportunity.
- Ultrasound simulation and image reconstruction: simulation of echocardiography image acquisition using state-of-the art simulators and comparison of different image reconstruction algorithms.
- Strain imaging. Running state-of-the-art image deformation algorithms and quantifying strain from synthetic images.
- Clinical cases. Review of clinical cases and live acquisition of ultrasound images to understand how ultrasound is used in clinical practice for the quantification of heart function.
REGISTRATION TO ATTEND CLASSES AND HANDS-ON SESSIONS IS FREE BUT MANDATORY TO GET ACCESS TO THE WINTER SCHOOL VENUE. NO REGISTRATION WILL BE POSSIBLE THE DAY OF THE EVENT!
Lunches have to be paid for by each participant. All participants will have access to the Verdi restaurant (inside Philips' building), where a meal costs about 10-15 euros.
A dinner will be organized on Wednesday in the center of Paris. Menus with prices will be circulated at the event for participants to register on the first day of the Winter School.
Follow this link to register to the winterschool. You will get an email confirming your registration after validation by the organizers.
- From the airport, the easiest is to take the OrlyVal (if flying to Orly)+ RER B (get out at Châtelet) + RER A to ‘la Défense, Grande Arche’. From there, take the tram T2 in the direction of Portes de Versailles until the Belvédère stop (see map below).
- All train stations are connected to the RER network as well. Gare de Lyon is on RER A, directly connected to la Défense. Gare du Nord (Eurostar) is connected to RER B, so you’ll need to change in Châtelet as well.
- By car, GPS coordinates are 48.872971, 2.228704.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of hotels in Suresnes.
Tel.: 33 1 40 99 00 00
The nearest but the most expensive (~165 €/night/person breakfast included).
Tel. : 33 1 42 04 60 76 (~ 130 €/night/person)
No restaurant at the hotel but restaurants nearby.
Tel. : 33 1 58 47 55 66 (~120 €/night/person)
Ibis Paris Pont de Suresnes
Tel. : 33 1 45 06 44 88 (~ 130 €/night/person)
Renaissance Paris Hippodrome de St Cloud
Tel. : 33 1 47 77 64 64 (~ 145 €/night/person)
Orgnaizes a bus shuttle between Rueil Malmaison and Suresnes.