What does bia@UPF offer?
Driven by new technologies (including high-throughput and high-content approaches in screening, sequencing and imaging), the life sciences are becoming increasingly quantitative. The analysis of complex data sets requires expertise in state-of-the-art image processing, statistical data analysis and mathematical modelling.
Within the Maria de Maetzu program, the bia@UPF provides computational support for bioimage analysis, which includes (but not limited to):
- image analysis techniques;
- software tools/plugins usage;
- programming languages;
- script/macro writing;
- workflow design and buildup;
- user-specific analysis tools/code deliverables.
Currently, we offer support, consultancy and training in two formats:
- one-to-one support and collaboration through individual appointments.
- one-to-many / many-to-many support through discussion groups, short tutortials, training courses and workshops.