New Job Oportunities
New Job Oportunities
The Barcelona Center for New Medical Technologies (BCN MedTech) is seeking candidates to apply for a PhD fellowship from the INPhINIT "La Caixa" Fellowship Programme.
The DTIC department of UPF as a “Maria de Maeztu Centre of Excellence” is a hosting institution within the INPhINIT “La Caixa” incoming Fellowships Programme proposing 18 project proposals at the different research areas of DTIC. INPhINIT will recruit 35 PhD Early-stage researchers of any nationality to carry out their PhD projects in accredited centres with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institutes Carlos III and Portuguese research units accredited as “excellent” or “exceptional” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia. In addition, researchers establish a personal career development plan including transnational, intersectorial and interdisciplinary mobility opportunities, and attend a full range of complementary training courses and workshops.
INPhINIT is focused on life sciences and health, technologies, physics, engineering and mathematics.
"La Caixa" Foundation will select the candidates who, subsequently, will propose the Research Centre and the pre-doctoral position in which he/she would like to do the research project. If there is agreement between the Centre, the supervisor, and the candidate, the fellowship will be awarded to the candidate.
Specifically we are looking for candidates to apply to the following projects:
- Multi-view learning and domain adaptation for heterogeneous medical imaging data (PI: Dr.Gemma Piella).
- Multiscale simulations for translational explorations of emphysema (PI: Dr.Jerome Noailly)
- Machine learning based radiomics-genomics integration for advanced disease quantification (PI: Dr.Karim Lekadir)
- Machine learning for the interpretable labelling of the cardiac microstructure from ultra-resolution synchrotron phase-contrast x-ray images (PI: Prof.Bart Bijnens)
- Deep learning for computer-guided foetal robotic surgery (PI: Prof.Miguel Ángel González Ballester)
- Coexistence of synchronization and desynchronization - Data-driven analysis of coupled network models. (PI: Prof.Ralph Gregor Andrzejak)
- Big Data and models for a better understanding and management of Heart-Brain pathologies in the young ([email protected]) (PI: Prof.Óscar Cámara Rey)
The selected candidates will join BCN MedTech located in the Poble Nou Campus of UPF, in Barcelona.
- 3-years contract
- Recruitment date: September/November 2019.
- Funding per fellow: 115.092 euros
- 104.400 euros (34.800 euros per year) including salary, employee social security contribution, income taxes and all compulsory employers’ contributions.
- 10.692 euros (3.564 euros per year) for research costs such as conferences and workshops attendance, short-stays, consumables and intellectual property costs, among others.
- PhD Award of 7.500 euros will be granted to researchers that submit their thesis within 6 months after the end of the fellowship.
- Complementary training programme
The application deadline is February 6th 2019. The website is open for applications.