The UPFellows programme promoted by Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, Barcelona, Spain) with the support of the Marie Curie COFUND Programme (7th Framework Programme) aimed at co-financing 24 international fellowships. It exclusively addresses international researchers and aims to offer career development opportunities to junior postdoctoral candidates of any nationality. These fellows will join one of the most unique and dynamic research environments in Europe, Catalonia (over 42 M€ in FP7 and excellent results in ERC grants), where they will be able to advance their research and professional skills while taking advantage of a career development plan under the guidance of a senior scientific mentor.
The UPF is among the top 20 institutions in Europe funded by grants of the European Research Council and ranks as the number one Spanish university in research productivity, based on journal articles indexed in the JCR, research and development projects in 2010, and doctoral dissertations between 2004 and 2009 (Ranking in research production and productivity in the Spanish university public system, 2010).
Along with internationalisation, a key contributor to UPF's success has been its focus on specific areas of research and interdisciplinary contributions thanks to a small number of departments and affiliated research and technology centers (referred to as the "UPF Group"), which is organised into three campuses:
- Social Sciences and Humanities, which is particularly strong in Economics and its interfaces with Political Science, Sociology, Law, History, and Psychology
- Information and Communication Sciences, boasting high profiles in Information and Communication Technologies as well as in Computational Sciences and Engineering applied to Health and Life Sciences
- Health and Life Sciences, with strength in multiple areas, including Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Evolutionary Biology, and Neuropharmacology.
- Application 3rd call: 20 February - 20 April, 2015
- Pre-selection: early May, 2015
- Remote evaluation
and oral interviews: 2nd half of May, 2015
- Notification results: end of May, 2015
- Start date fellowship: from June, 2015 (max. September 2015)
- Duration fellowship: 3 years