Call for submissions to the SQP research paper award
The SQP research paper award will be announced at the ESRA conference in Reykjavik during the 6 th ESRA conference (13-17 July 2015, Reykjavik, Iceland). The award is given for the best paper describing an application or a methodological comment on the use of the Survey Quality Predictor (SQP). Submissions to the SQP research paper award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1 st March 2015.
This SQP paper competition was organized by RECSM after two former members of RECSM, Daniel Oberski and Willem Saris, received the 2014 Warren J. Mitofsky Innovators Award for the development of SQP 2.0 and its contribution to the improvement of questionnaire design from the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR).Rules for the SQP research paper award
▪ The paper may not be coauthored by any of the judges
▪ The authors may not be directly connected to any of the judges:
- No current PhD students of the judges
- No current employees at same department or research centre as judges: RECSM, Department of Methodology and Statistics of Tilburg University and Institute of Sociology of the University of Zurich.
The jury for the papers will consist of ESRA Vice President Eldad Davidov and the winners of the AAPOR Innovators Award for SQP: Daniel Oberski and Willem Saris. Each paper accepted for the process is evaluated on the following criteria, which should be motivated explicitly and given a score in the judges' reports
- Added value of SQP to the paper (0-10)
- Overall scientific quality of the paper (0-10)
- Readability of the paper (0-10)
Out of the papers that satisfy the above requirements the 5 best papers will be selected by Eldad Davidov, Daniel Oberski and Willem Saris on the basis of the criteria given above. A score is created for each paper reaching the final round by averaging the scores for all criteria for all three judges. A ranking is then made and the winner is the paper with the highest score. If there is a tie, the winner is decided by majority vote.
- The paper's first author will be the sole recipient of the award, and may distribute it among any further authors as he or she sees fit.
- ESRA will invite the first author to the conference dinner.
- RECSM will pay the first author € 600 in prize money.
- RECSM will pay € 400 to help with the cost of travel.
- RECSM will provide an official certificate to be handed to the winner at the ceremony during the ESRA conference dinner.
- The top 5 will receive honorable mention on the ESRA and RECSM websites.
- The top 5 papers will be invited to present their paper in a special session on SQP applications and discussions during the ESRA conference.