SUMMER SPANISH PROGRAM
Course description (July 4 - 15, 2016)
The orientation of our language program is communicative, both in aims and the methodology used. This means that in addition to rigorous training in grammar, our courses provide students with the necessary resources to communicate in Spanish correctly and appropriately in different areas.
- Program structure: 30-hour 2-week intensive course (30 contact hours + 45 hours of independent study), Monday to Friday, 10.00 am - 1.00 pm. Schedule
- Who can apply: UPF members and the general public over the age of 18.
- Levels: Beginner (CEFR A1), Elementary (CEFR A2), Intermediate (CEFR B1), Advanced (CEFR B2) and Proficiency (CEFR C1).
- Location: Ciutadella Campus, Pompeu Fabra University.
- Certification: On successful completion of any module, students will be awarded an accredited UPF certificate.
- Application deadline: June 22, 2016.
If you have prior knowledge of Spanish and wish to take a couse higher than level A1 CEFR Beginner, you must provide a level certificate. If you do not hold one, you must take a placement test. The fee for the placement test is €15 and registration is required.
Please see the dates below:
You can mark either the certificate or the placement test option in the application form.
Please note that neither a certificate nor a placement test is required if you have no knowledge of Spanish and wish to take level A1 CEFR Beginner.
All courses in the Spanish program have 30 hours of contact time and 45 hours of guided independent study which according to the UPF's credit tariffs have an equivalence of 3 ECTS credits.
The final decision on the recognition and number of credits awarded to undergraduate students who have followed these courses rests with the home institution.
Our workshops complement our language courses by allowing students to develop skills such as readind and speaking in a culturally focused context. See the range of workshops offered in the Landing Program below:
ORAL EXPRESSION WORKSHOP info
WRITTEN EXPRESSION WORKSHOP info
BUSINESS SPANISH info
To see all the schedules and subjects offered in the fall program please access the following table
Please note that the opening of each of these courses is conditional on a minimum of 10 students per group.