The DTIC offers a well-established infrastructure and modern facilities for top-quality research activities and scientific publication. Currently, it is home to many research groups spanning a broad range of areas in the field of Information and Communication Technologies. These include cognitive and inteligent systems, audiovisual technologies, networks and communications, and computational biology and biomedical systems.
Over the last decade, research in the field of Information and Communication Technologies has become increasingly interdisciplinary. The DTIC's research landscape reflects this trend in that its groups increasingly collaborate with each other and with external institutions in both National and European reseach initiatives.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI&ML)
- Natural Language Processing (TALN)
- The Ubiquitous Computing Applications Laboratory (UbiCA Lab)
- Web Science and Social Computing (WSSC)
- Cognitive Multimedia Technologies (CMTECH)
- Image Processing Group (IPG)
- Image Processing for Enhanced Cinematography (IP4EC)
- Music Technology Group (MTG)
- Interactive Technologies Group (ITG)
- Interactive Technologies Distributed for Education (TIDE)
- Network Technologies and Strategies (NeTS)
- Wireless Communications (WICOM)
- Wireless Networking (WN)
- Information Theory and Coding (ITC)