Vice-rector for Knowledge Transfer
Back Vice-rector for Knowledge Transfer
- Vice-rector for Knowledge Transfer: Eulàlia de Nadal Clanchet
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Carrer de la Mercè 12
Phone number: 93 542 20 00
E-Mail: [email protected]
The vice-rector for Knowledge Transfer shall, under the guidance of the rector, coordinate and oversee the following matters:
- Knowledge transfer policy
- Entrepreneurship and innovation programmes
- Public-private partnership, business chairs and other, similar formulas for attracting public and private resources
- UPF’s initiative to disseminate knowledge
- Institutional relations with the ecosystem of global and local stakeholders in the aforementioned areas
PhD in Veterinary Science (specializing in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry) from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2000). She did her postdoctoral studies as a Ramón y Cajal researcher at Pompeu Fabra University and at the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) in Zurich.
She is currently a full professor with the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences (DCEXS). She co-directs the Cell Signaling Research Group, affiliated to the Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Barcelona, which studies how cells respond and adapt to changes in their environment. The group focuses on characterizing the signalling process, biological targets and the regulation of physiological functions such as cell cycle and the gene expression required for organisms to adapt to stress.
She has published numerous scientific papers and reviews and is a member of several national and international projects. She sits on several scientific boards and has twice been awarded the ICREA Acadèmia, in 2012 and 2020. She has also been deputy director for research and knowledge transfer at the DCEXS (2015-2019).