Institutional Communication and Outreach Unit
Back Institutional Communication and Outreach Unit
- Head of Unit: Marc Boldú i Botam
Pompeu Fabra University
Carrer de la Mercè 12
Phone: (34) 93 542 23 63
Fax : (34) 93 542 20 94
E-mail : [email protected]
The Institutional Communication and Outreach Unit, organizationally a service unit, is responsible for organizing and managing institutional information and outreach and its treatment and transformation into communication products on any medium; the design and implementation of new internal and external communication channels and services and support, in these areas, to the university community; the design of the University’s corporate visual identity; information activities to attract students; language services, and to support the planning, promotion and coordination of the actions envisaged in the Social Responsibility Programme and the management programmes directly assigned to it. The Institutional Communication and Outreach Unit is organized into the following functional areas, led by a coordinator:
- Corporate Image and Graphic Services
- Studies Promotion
- Social Responsibility
- Language Services
1. The functions of the Communication area are to establish and maintain relations with the media; develop and disseminate university news; manage institutional social networks and coordinate other networks within the scope of the University; coordinate the production of institutional audiovisual content; promote and coordinate activities for the dissemination of research, science and technology; develop, implement and coordinate institutional communication plans and advise users in the design of their communication plans; propose and establish the guidelines and criteria for the use of these channels, tools and information and communication products on any medium; manage the institutional website (public site and Campus Global) and design its information architecture, and any others it may be commissioned to perform.
2. The functions of the Corporate Image and Graphic Services area are to define the corporate graphic identity and ensure that it is properly applied in all types of information and communication channels and products; develop graphic proposals, design and coordinate the production of institutional materials and materials of the academic and administrative units; coordinate institutional publishing projects with third parties; develop graphic proposals for promotional items; define and coordinate the production of UPF’s unique products and art collection, and any others it may be commissioned to perform.
3. The functions of the Studies Promotion area are to propose, design, coordinate and implement annual campaigns to attract prospective undergraduate, master’s and doctoral students, and any others it may be commissioned to perform.
4. The functions of the Social Responsibility area are to coordinate, promote and monitor the actions envisaged in the Social Responsibility Programme, and manage, coordinate and implement the University Cooperation and Solidarity Programme and the Inclusion Plan (economic inequalities area), and all those which may be assigned to it.
5. The functions of the Language Services area are to define the language model and the language criteria for general use at the University; advise the university community on language and terminology matters; edit documents in Catalan related to the institutional, administrative and teaching matters commissioned to it, and manage the correction of other documents or documents written in other languages and all translations in the aforementioned areas; manage, coordinate and promote the Language Volunteering programme, and any others it may be commissioned to perform.