- Official undergraduate degree/diploma (or a bachelor's degree, a degree in engineering or architecture, diplomas, technical engineering and technical architecture diplomas, or, for foreign qualifications, the equivalent qualification awarded by an accredited higher education institution), minimum 240 ECTS, in biomedical engineering or other areas of engineering o basic scienes.
- Academic transcript of the accredited official training with the average grade at the university of origin.
The following can access the master programme:
- Degree graduates in Biomedical Engineering;
- Graduates in other areas of engineering or basic sciences, with knowledge in programming and comparable to graduates in Biomedical Engineering (engineering in the fields of IT, Telecommunications, Telematics,Audiovisual Systems, Mechanics, Aerospace, Sound and Image, Electronics, Materials, Nanoscience andNanotechnology), also graduates in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics. These students must take complementary undergraduate courses in life sciences, such as physiology of the human body and basic molecular biology. The background of each individual student and the specific master thesis project the student wants to carry out will influence which exact courses will be required.
- Graduates in Life Sciences with knowledge of the physiology of the human body and cell biology, comparable to graduates in Biomedical Engineering (Medicine, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Biological Systems,Biochemistry, Biology and Microbiology). These students must take complementary undergraduate courses in maths, basic science, programming and computational techniques. The background of each individual student and the specific master thesis project the student wants to carry out will influence which exact courses will be required.
- Curriculum Vitae in English with the description of any training and activities undertaken by the candidate related with the master.
- Covering letter in English stating the candidate's interest (academic and professional) in undertaking the master and their professional ambitions (400 to 600 words). In particular this letter should answer the following questions: Why do you want to do this particular master? Why is your background adequate to carry out the master? Which is the research area you are most interested in? Which of the proposed master thesis projects are you interested in and why?
- A (professional or academic) letter of recommendation signed by someone who really knows the candidate and who can assess them. Besides, the presentation of a second letter of a different kind (professional or academic) than the first one will be positively assessed.
In order to optimise the handling and security of the letters of recommendation, the candidate will have to request them via the online application system, where he/she will need to indicate the e-mail address of the person/people he/she wishes to be recommended by. That person will receive an e-mail indicating that the candidate wishes to have a letter of recommendation from him/her. Non-institutional addresses such as *yahoo, *gmail, *hotmail, etc... will not be accepted.
- A document proving proficiency in English. This can for example be a B2-level certificate or a letter demonstrating an equivalent qualification (for instance, having taken the engineering degree in English).
- Identity Document or Passport.
- Professional experience in any of the fields related to the master's programme.
- Research experience.
- Teaching experience.
- Additional academic training in areas related to the master's programme.
- Additional professional experience.
In addition, the Departments' selection committee may decide to interview the candidate.
The undergraduate degree/diploma and the academic transcript
If you have finished your Bachelor degree when you formalise your application, you will need to send us the following documents:
- A photocopy of your undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion.
- A photocopy of your official final undergraduate transcript.
However, if you have not yet completed your undergraduate studies when formalising application, you will need to provide us with the following documents:
- A signed declaration of obtaining your degree before the commencement of the master's programme.
- A photocopy of the provisional undergraduate transcript.
If the diploma or the academic transcript are not written in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Portuguese or Italian, you will also have to include the respective sworn translations into Catalan or Spanish.