Chaired by the President of the UPF Board of Trustees, Núria Basi, the project's Business Council includes businessmen from outstanding companies in any field related with UPF studies: technology and ICT, law and economics, life sciences and humanities. The council companies already belong to the UPF Board of Trustees' Social and Entrepreneurial Forum
The council meets twice a year in the UPF campus. The following sessions have been held so far:
- May 5th, 2011. Constituent session. Presentation and discussion on the CEI UPF - Icària project.
- October 6th, 2011. University and business. Approximation mechanisms.
- March 28th, 2012. UPF Research: scientific productivity and competitive funding.
Provide the vision and the real needs of socio-economic sector in the areas of teaching, research and innovation and transformation of the campus.
Businessmen from outstanding companies in any field related with UPF studies:
- Chairman: Núria Basi (UPF Board of Trustees / Armand Basi)
- Jesús Acebillo (Novartis)
- Josep Lluís Bonet (Feria de Barcelona / Freixenet)
- Pablo Cigüela (Banc Santander)
- Emili Cuatrecasas (Cuatrecasas)
- Albert Esteve (Laboratoris Esteve)
- Carlos Mas (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- Pedro Navarrete (Sony España)
- Josep Oliu (Banc Sabadell)
- Ernest Sales (Hewlett Packard)
- Àngel Simón (Agbar)