Internships in companies
External internships are the training action developed by students and supervised by the university with the aim of applying and complementing the knowledge acquired in the academic training, approaching the student to the reality of the professional field in which he or she will work once graduated and developing the competencies that favor his or her incorporation to the labor market.
The internships may be curricular or extracurricular:
The curricular internships allow obtaining academic credits. It is an optional subject of the Studies Plan of:
· Degree in Computing Engineering
· Degree in Telematic Engineering
· Degree in Audiovisual Systems Engineering
- The dedication and the schedule of the internship must be compatible to the dedication to the studies.
- The student can receive an economic amount in concept of aid to studying, which will be paid directly to him or her.
- The maximum of credits to obtain in this subject is 20 credits. Every 25 hours working correspond to 1 ECTS credit.
- The internship in enterprises subjects are of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 credits and enrollment must be requested at the ESUP's secretary's office.
Where is it done?
- In an enterprise
- In an academic or administrative unit within the university
- In collaborating entities (national or foreigner):
It is the student's responsibility to search the enterprise or institution to do the internship.
Who can do it?
Given that it is an optional subject, students who are enrolled to third or fourth Degree year.
How is it done?
OPTION 1: The student may search an enterprise/entity which does this type of internships. After having selected a student, the enterprise processes the agreement of educational cooperation through the services to enterprises section of the SCP (Professional Careers Service):
- The aid is specified to the student (illustrative of 6€/h)
- Cost of procedure (to the enterprise): the procedure of each internship agreement has a cost of management which will be calculated applying a 10% on the total amount of the grant/aid assigned to the student (plus VAT). A minimum of 250€ (plus VAT) will be invoiced when the calculation of the percentage does not arrive to this amount.
- Before starting the internship a tutor in the enterprise is named.
OPTION 2: The student may run for candidate in the agreements offered by enterprises/entities and which are published in the application Campus Treball.
In both cases it is essential that the student has previously introduced his or her curriculum vitae to the application Campus Treball of the SCP (Professional Careers Service)
OPTION 3: The student has a working contract with an enterprise. In this case there is no need for doing the agreement procedure by the SCP, it will only be necessary that the student sends us a copy of the working contract.
Length and period of realization
Any time during the academic period, but:
- The agreement of educational cooperation must be processed before starting the internship
- The dedication and schedule of the internship must be compatible with the dedication to studies
- The agreement can not exceed the 800 hours during the same school year
- Finalization before the first day of classes of the next year
Note: The students who end the degree, must have finalized the internship before requesting the title.
To evaluate the internship the student will have to provide a final statement and the tutor's report sealed and signed by the enterprise, to the ESUP secretary's office, that will give it to the coordinator of practices of the ESUP to value the development of the internship.
The documentation may be provided to the secretary's office once carried out the necessary hours for the obtaining of credits of the subject. The secretary's office will communicate the result of the evaluation that the internship coordinator has done, and if the enrollment to the subject has been authorized.
For the subject to appear as passed in the current school year, the student must provide the documentation before the closing of minutes of the third term.
During the student's stay, for educational cooperation, the University has the right to contact the enterprise's tutor in order to make a tracking of the student.
The extracurricular internships are those that the students can make voluntarily during their studies and that are not a part of the corresponding studies' plan. The requirement to do extracurricular internships is to be enrolled to the university teaching to which the basic competencies that must be acquired with the realization of the internships are linked.
In any case these internships will have an equivalent in academic credits.
- The ESUP formalizes, every course, around 70 agreements with enterprises, research groups and other organizations of the TIC field such as: Atos Spain, the Catalan Scientific and Academic Services Centre, Cubus Games, Mobile Media Content, Telefónica I+D, Epsilon Technologies, etc.
- The main motivations of the approximately 120 students who carry out internships every course are: acquiring new knowledge, knowing nearer their future job and being able to widen the possibilities of working insertion.
- When it comes to selection criteria of the internships' centers the highlights are motivation towards the tasks to develop, interest towards the sector or enterprise field and the motivation towards the pre established competencies. It also appears the establishing of professional contacts and the getting to know an enterprise.
- The aspects valued more positively are: acquisition of working experience, learning, economic remuneration, the rapidity and simpleness of the management and the variety of centers offered in the working stock market.
For more information you need to address the coordinator teacher of the internships: Carles Martín (carles.martin at upf.edu) or the ESUP secretary's office (secretaria.esup at upf.edu)
You will find more information at http://www.upf.edu/carreres-professionals/fes_practiques/practiques.html
Entities where internships are carried out during the academic year 2013-14
|Viatges Estiber, SA |
|Abast Systems, SA |
|Accenture Outsourcing Services |
|Aczeda, SL |
|Ahora Dosy2, SL |
|Ajuntament de l'Hospitalet de Llobregat |
|Ajuntament de Vinarós |
|Ajuntament d'Hospitalet |
|Alius Modus Consulting, SL |
|Alstom Transporte SA |
|Altadis, SAU |
|APFUTURA Internacional |
|Atos Spain, SA |
|Awerty, Servicios Informàticos, SL |
|Beverly Hills Editions, SLU |
|Biblioteca / CRAI |
|Big Arm Application, SL |
|Casals Online |
|Cegedim Hispania |
|Centre de Serveis Científics i Acadèmics de Catalunya |
|Consell Insular de Formentera |
|Consorci de Serveis Universitaris de Catalunya (CSUC) |
|Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira SLP |
|Cuatro AM sales |
|Cubus Games |
|Dexma Sensors SL |
|EADA. Fundació Privada Universitaria |
|Eikonos SA |
|Epsilon Technologies, SL |
|Ernst and Young |
|Estrategias de Marketing on Line, SL (Dinamicgroup) |
|European Diffusion, SL |
|Everis BPO |
|Everis Spain, SLU |
|Fan Estrategia Online, SL (Pangea Reality) |
|Fundació ESADE |
|Fundació Pere Tarrés |
|Fundació Universidad-Empresa |
|Fundació UOC |
|Gearbox del Prat, SA |
|GYD Ibérica, SA |
|Header Active Service Group, SL |
|Herta Security |
|Icnea Tecnologías |
|Ideared Solutions, SLU |
|Immfly, SL |
|Ingenium Mobile Studio SL |
|Innovación y desarrollo directivo, SL |
|Keonn Technologies, SL |
|King Shared Services, SL |
|Knowledge Innovation Market Barcelona |
|Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory |
|LECOATÍ Technology, SL |
|Machine Head |
|Memicsys, SL |
|Microson, SA |
|Mobile Media Content, SL |
|Nimbo.TV, SL |
|Oesia Networks, SL |
|Parlament de Catalunya |
|Pupgam Studios, SL |
|PWC Auditores, SL |
|Raúl Nieves Pardo |
|Retevision I, SA |
|Ricoh España, SLU |
|Roche Diagnostics, SL |
|Schneider Electric España, SA |
|Sellbytel Group, SA |
|Servei d'Informàtica UPF |
|Telefònica Investigación y Desarrollo SA |
|Telespazio Iberica, SLU |
|Thelis Unix Data, SL |
|T-Systems ITC Iberia, SAU |
|Vlex Networks, SL |
|Websays, SL |