Responsible research and innovation (RRI) is an open and changing concept. One of the most important points is the need for the participation of society. The RRI proposes expect the needs of society. And want stablish a link with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
RRI looks to answer three questions: who?, what? and how?
- Who conducts research? Promoting gender equality: "unlock the full potential and mainstreaming".
- What is the aim of such research? Science designed for and with society. Ethically acceptable and socially desirable R&D.
- How is research conducted?
- Ethics: "do the right thing".
- Open science and access: "share results to advance".
- Science education: "creative learning, fresh ideas"
- Engagement: "choose together". Society needs to feel involved in the research. The goals, decisions, direction, way and its results.
How integrate RRI processes?
|Anticipation and reflexivity.||Capacity to respond and adapt to change.||Diversity and inclusiveness.||Openness and transparency.|