ANTÓ BOQUÉ, JOSE MARIA
Personal profile in our Scientific Output Portal (PPC)
Biography noteJosep M. Antó Boqué received his Degree in Medicine in 1975 and his PhD in 1990 (Epidemiological Investigations of Asthma Epidemics; Extraordinary Award). Since 1986 ha has been working at the Municipal Institute of Medical Research (IMIM) and has been the Chair of the Respiratory and Environmental Health Research Unit. He is currently the Director of Creal. In 1994 he was Principal Visiting Fellow at the National Heart and Lung Institute (London, UK). Since 1998 he is Professor of Medicine at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). He has been a member of the advisory and editorial boards in several journals including the American Journal of Epidemiology, Thorax, European Journal of Public Health (current) and European Respiratory Journal. Among other awards he has received the Cournant Lecture (European Respiratory Society, 1994), the Medal Narcis Monturiol (Generalitat de Catalunya, 1995) and the Manuel Tapia Conference (Spanish Association of Respiratory Pathology, 1999). In 2009 he received the Josep Trueta Medal for his medical work.
Research linesEpidemiology of asthma and COPD with special interest on the environmental determinants and prevention of these diseases.
- Research Interests
His research is focused on the epidemiology of asthma and COPD with special interest on the environmental determinants and prevention of these diseases.
- Antó JM, Sunyer J, Rodríguez Roisin R, Suarez-Cervera M, Vazquez L. Community outbreaks of asthma associated with inhalation of soybean dust. Toxicoepidemiological Committee. N Engl J Med 1989; 320 (17): 1097-102.
- Antó JM, Sunyer J, Reed CE, Sabria J, Martinez F, Morell F, Codina R, Rodriguez Roisin R, Rodrigo MJ, Roca J, et al. Preventing asthma epidemics due to soybeans by dust-control measures. N Engl J Med 1993; 329 (24): 1760-3.
- Moya C, Anto JM, Taylor AJ. Outbreak of organising pneumonia in textile printing sprayers. Collaborative Group for the Study of Toxicity in Textile Aerographic Factories. Lancet 1994; 344 (8921): 498-205.
- Kogevinas M, Anto JM, Sunyer J, Tobias A, Kromhout H, Burney P. Occupational asthma in Euripe and other industrialised areas: a population-based study. European Eommunity Respiratory Health Survey Study Group. Lancet 1999; 353 (9166): 1750-4.
- Garcia-Aymerich J, Farrer E, Felez MA, Izquierdo J, Marrades RM, Anto JM; Estudi dels factors de risc d'agudització de la MPOC investigators. Risk factors of readmission to hospital for a COPD exarcerbation: a prospective study. Thorax 2003; 58 (2):100-5.