BOSCH FUSTE, ELENA
Personal profile in our Scientific Output Portal (PPC)
Short biographical sketch
June 1995, B.Sc. in Biology, University of Barcelona
February 2000, Ph.D. by Universitat Pompeu Fabra
February 2000 - July 2002: Post-doctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Genetics, University of Leicester.
January 2003 - December 2003: Post-doctoral Researcher at the Unitat de Biologia Evolutiva, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
January 2004 - December 2008: Ramón y Cajal Researcher at the Unitat de Biologia Evolutiva, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
December 2008 – February 2012: Assistant professor (Professor Agregat) at the Evolutionary Biology Research Unit (UPF)
February 2012 – now: Assistant professor (Professor Titular) at the Evolutionary Biology Research Unit (UPF)
Human population genomics: analysis of the genomic and evolutionary forces that drive genome-wide patterns of genomic variation within human populations. Detection of natural selection and analysis of the genetic bases of adaptations. Evolutionary analysis of disease-related genes. Understanding complex disease and quantitative phenotypes in human populations.
Recognitions, distinctions and awards received throughout the career (selected)
September 2013: UPF Social Council Prize for Quality in Teaching
Icrea academia award (2015)
- Andrés Moreno Estrada: “Analysis of Human Genetic Variation in Candidate Genes under Positive Selection on the Human Lineage”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. January 2004 – April 2009. Defended: 21 April 2009
- Elena Carnero Montoro: “Genomic and Functional Approaches to Human Adaptations”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. January 2010 – October 2013. Defended: 25 October 2013
- Nino Spataro: “Human genetic disorders: linking Mendelian and complex diseases”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Start date: January 2012 – October 2016. Defended: 26 October 2016
- Juan Antonio Rodríguez Pérez: “Testing two evolutionary theories of ageing by using public genome-wide data“. Co-directed with Arcadi Navarro. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. January 2012- January 2017. Defended: 24 January 2017.
- Ana Roca-Umbert: “The role of natural selection on zinc transporter genes”. Co-directed with Ruben Vicente. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. From 11/01/2017.
- Barbara Sinigaglia: “Deciphering genetic adaptations in the Andamanese population”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. From 05/10/2017.
- Rocio Caro Consuegra: “Deciphering genetic adaptations in the human genome”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. From 02/10/2018.