Pentàgon UPF 2021
II Jornada sobre comunicació i divulgació del coneixement
Pentagon UPF aims to bring the world of communication and the dissemination of knowledge closer to UPF's research staff, including research staff in training. Through round tables, debates, workshops and presentations of research and success stories, we will share the importance of carrying out actions to disseminate knowledge beyond the walls of the University, aimed at a non-specialized audience.
9.30 to 9.40 am: Welcome
- Institutional welcome given by Enric Vallduví, vice-rector for projects in research
9.45 to 10.15 am: Opening lecture "The personal brand"
- Given by Guillem Recolons, strategic consultant in personal branding and co-founder of Soymimarca, a company offering consultancy and training to organizations and professionals (more information)
10.15 to 11.00 am: Round table on best practices by UPF teaching and research staff
- Josep Lluís Martí, lecturer of the Department of Law
- Ana Freire, lecturer of the Department of Information and Communication Technologies
- Ester Oliveras, lecturer of the Department of Economics and Business
- Frederic Guerrero-Solé, lecturer of the Department of Communication
Chaired by: Mariola Dinarès, journalist and expert on digital communication and director and presenter of “Popap”, a programme on Catalunya Ràdio dealing with trends in social networking (more information)
11.00 to 11.15 am: Active break - Science with a touch of humour
11.15 to 11.35 am: Presentation of the winning projects in the 2020 call for grants for research activities with a social impact
- “Training workshops: Communication for political intervention. Youth climate activism as an actor of social transformation in the post-covid-19 context” - Roger Soler-i-Martí, lecturer of the Department of Communication
- “The other sides of globalization” - Rosa Cerarols, lecturar of the Department of Humanities
- “Public debate on how to apply the economic downturn, a response to the management of the covid-19 pandemic and the climate emergency, in order to protect people’s wellbeing with social and gender justice” - Cristina Ribas, lecturer of the Department of Communication
Led by: Mònica Figueras, vice-rector for social commitment and equality projects
11.35 am to 12.30 pm: Workshop seminar on scientific outreach and social networks
- Given by Lydia Gil, documentalist at the Catalan Institute of Classical Archaeology and expert in scientific outreach through social networks (more information)
12.30 pm: Closing speech
- Given by Manel Jimenez, commissioner for education and communication projects at UPF.