|APPLICATION PERIOD||Application dates
|DURATION OF THE RESEARCH PERIOD||3 academic year|
|CALENDAR||From September to June
|TIMETABLE||Full time dedication|
|LOCATION||Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB)|
||Department of Experimental and Health Sciences
PresentationThe main aim of the doctorate in Biomedicine is to train students to produce a doctoral thesis in the field of health and life sciences. The programme provides all the necessary tools (analytical, experimental and theoretical) to that end. The doctorate in Biomedicine is an international programme attended by a large number of students from outside Spain.
UPF master's degrees that can be taken prior to this doctorate
Training ObjectivesThe main objective of this doctorate is to carry out a research project constituting the basis for defending the doctoral thesis.
- Defence of the Thesis Project
- Biomedical Research Seminars at the PRBB
- Science in Action (includes Conducting Responsible -Research and Critical Thought)
- Computer resources sessions (organized by the Mar campus Library)
Lines of research of the doctorate
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Evolutionary Biology and Complex Systems
- Biomedical Informatics
- Genetics and Neurosciences
- Public Health and Education in Health Sciences
Competences that must be demonstrated at the end of the programme
Those completing the doctoral programme will be able to:
- Apply scientific methodology to testing hypotheses in the biomedical field.
- Present the objectives, development and results of biomedical research to an expert or general audience.
- Understanding the management process of biomedical projects and international teams.
- Evaluate the feasibility of a biomedical research project.
- Anticipate the ethical implications of a biomedical research project.
After completing the doctoral programme, candidates will be able to hold any biomedical research position in academic institutions, public institutions or private companies, including those related to basic or applied research, communication and management.
Ph.D. programme director
Dr. Robert Castelo
Department of Experimental and Health Sciences
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
PRBB building (despatx 300.04)
Dr. Aiguader, 88