FERNANDEZ FERNANDEZ, JOSE MANUEL
Personal profile in our Scientific Output Portal (PPC)
1991: B. Sc. in Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Sevilla, Spain.
1996: Doctor in Biology (Neuroscience) (PhD). Neuroscience Institute. Faculty of Medicine, University of Alicante, Spain.
Regulation of ionic channels by G proteins and second messengers. Identification of the ionic channels involved in cell volume regulation and its relevance in epitelial physiology. Pathologies associated to alterations in ion-channel function ( channelopaties):Cystic fibrosis, Hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases. Migraine.
- 1989-1991: Internal student at the Department of Microbiology. Faculty of Biology. University of Sevilla, Spain.
- 1990-1991: Internal Student at the Department of Animal Physiology, Neuroscience Laboratory. University of Sevilla, Spain.
- 1991‑1996: Ph.D. student. Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience Institute. Faculty of Medicine. University of Alicante, Spain.
- 1997-1998: Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland (U.K.). Funded by The Welcome Trust.
- 1998-2001: Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London, U.K. Funded by The Welcome Trust.
- 2001-2004: Postdoctoral researcher. Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain. Funded by "Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnología (Programa de incorporación de doctores y tecnólogos)".
- 2004-present:Ramón y Cajal Fellow (Funded by "Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia"). Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.