BOSCH FUSTE, ELENA
Personal profile in our Scientific Output Portal (PPC)
CV sketch ( PDF document) - Orcid (0000-0003-2848-103X)
Short biographical sketch
June 1995, B.Sc. in Biology, University of Barcelona
February 2000, Ph.D. by Universitat Pompeu Fabra
February 2000 - July 2002: Post-doctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Genetics, University of Leicester.
January 2003 - December 2003: Post-doctoral Researcher at the Unitat de Biologia Evolutiva, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
January 2004 - December 2008: Ramón y Cajal Researcher at the Unitat de Biologia Evolutiva, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
December 2008 – February 2012: Assistant professor (Professor Agregat) at the Evolutionary Biology Research Unit (UPF)
February 2012 – now: Assistant professor (Professor Titular) at the Evolutionary Biology Research Unit (UPF)
Human population genomics: analysis of the genomic and evolutionary forces that drive genome-wide patterns of genomic variation within human populations. Detection of natural selection and analysis of the genetic bases of adaptations. Evolutionary analysis of disease-related genes. Understanding complex disease and quantitative phenotypes in human populations.
Recognitions, distinctions and awards received throughout the career (selected)
September 2013: UPF Social Council Prize for Quality in Teaching
Icrea academia award (2015)
- Andrés Moreno Estrada: “Analysis of Human Genetic Variation in Candidate Genes under Positive Selection on the Human Lineage”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. January 2004 – April 2009. Defended: 21 April 2009
- Elena Carnero Montoro: “Genomic and Functional Approaches to Human Adaptations”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. January 2010 – October 2013. Defended: 25 October 2013
- Nino Spataro: “Human genetic disorders: linking Mendelian and complex diseases”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Start date: January 2012 – October 2016. Defended: 26 October 2016
- Juan Antonio Rodríguez Pérez: “Testing two evolutionary theories of ageing by using public genome-wide data“. Co-directed with Arcadi Navarro. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. January 2012- January 2017. Defended: 24 January 2017.
- Ana Roca-Umbert: “The role of natural selection on zinc transporter genes”. Co-directed with Ruben Vicente. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. From 11/01/2017.
- Barbara Sinigaglia: “Deciphering genetic adaptations in the Andamanese population”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. From 05/10/2017.
- Rocio Caro Consuegra: “Deciphering genetic adaptations in the human genome”. Universitat Pompeu Fabra. From 02/10/2018.