Laptop computer loan service
|The Library offers you a laptop computer loan service on the University campus
for individual or group work, with connection to electronic information resources.
- Any student enrolled on an official undergraduate or postgraduate course offered by the UPF one of its centres.
- Anyone belonging to an institution with which the University has an agreement for the use of this service. Authorization will be subject to the continued validity of the agreement in question.
- Anyone who has been expressly authorized to do so by the Library/CRAI management.
To sign up the service you must access the page of the laptop computer loan service, click Connect, and once identified, fill in the electronic registration form of the service, accepting the terms and conditions of use.
Enrollment in the laptop computer loan service is valid until the end of each academic year. At the beginning of each course you will have to fill in the form, if you want to continue this service.
When you sign up you can choose the delivery system service messages (institutional email or SMS). Once discharged you can also change the sending system previously chosen, accessing from the page of the laptop computer loan service.
Contact the loans counter of any Library/CRAI site. You have to show your UPF card or another form of identification.
To know at any moment how many laptops are, and what venues, check in laptop computer loan service.
The loan and return of the laptop computer must always be made at the same loans counter at the same Library site where the loan was made.
The loan will be made for a maximum of 4 hours.
If you have a loan, laptop term is available from laptop computer loan service.
The loan can be renewed if there is no-one on the waiting list. To renew the loan:
- you must contact the loans counter
- or directly from the same laptop (from 15 minutes before the end of the loan, and if there is no-one on the waiting) through the icon on the desktop of the laptop about the laptop computer loan service.
The laptop must not be taken off the University Campus.
It is not possible to reserve a laptop for a certain time on a certain day.
If there are no computers available when you request one, you can put yourself on a waiting list for that same day.
- through the page laptop computer loan service
- or contact the loans counter, where you can register on the waiting list
When a laptop becomes available you will be contacted via an SMS or email message (as you choice when you sign up for the service) and then have 15 minutes to come and collect your computer. Keep in mind that the proper and timely receipt of the SMS and email messages depends on several technical factors outside the Library.
If you have a laptop you can renew the loan when there is no waiting list. To renew:
- you can do from the same laptop, from 15 minutes before loan term, through the icon on the desktop of the laptop about the laptop computer loan service
- or contact the loan counter, taking the laptop
Laptop computers have dual set up, which permits the user to work from two operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 7
Linux Ubuntu (only at Poblenou Library/CRAI and Mar Campus Library)
The software included is:
Basic SoftwareMicrosoft Office
Antiviruses Endpoint Protection
Specific SoftwareCiutadella Campus
Access to WiFi NetworkInternet Navigators
While you are using the laptop you can save any information created as follows:
In your own external storage device: via USB or Firewire, or using CD or DVD burning software
Uploading your files to Google Drive
I return the computer late or don't return it at all
I change the configuration of the software
I return the computer damaged
I take the computer off the University campus
|You are solely responsible for the laptop computer while it is being loaned out to you, and you have a duty to return it when the loan period expires. There will be penalties for late return, improper usage, loss or theft.|
Late return of the computer
Suspension from the laptop loan service for 7 days for each hour or fraction of an hour the laptop is overdue. Includes late returns at night and on Saturdays and bank holidays.
|Taking the computer off campus||Suspension from the laptop loan service for 3 months.|
Changing the software configuration
Suspension from the laptop loan service for 3 months.
|Breaking or damaging the computer trough improper use||Assumption of 50% of the cost of repairing the unit, or 100% of the cost of replacing it when it cannot be repaired, within two months of the events and suspension from the laptop loan service until payment is made.|
|Failure to return the computer||Assumption of 100% of the cost of purchasing a new laptop within two months of the date of the loan and suspension from the laptop loan service until payment is made.|
- How to sign up for the service
- See the availability of laptops on real-time
- Add you to the waiting list when there is no laptop available
- If you have a laptop on loan:
- Choose the delivery system service messages (institutional email or SMS)