International seminars organized on Comparative Politics of Migration course in the framework of the GRITIM-UPF / Fundación Berterlsmann Seminars. Seminars (of the Master on Immigration Managament) coordinated by Avi Astor and Flora Burchianti. Programme: (for information about abstracts and authors, click here). Room 40.213:
Wednesday 20 March: Social Mobility and Status Attainment among Turks in Western Europe and Turks in Turkey. Ayse Guveli, ISER, University of Essex.
Wednesday 3 April. Do Migration and Mobility Policies Consider Class?. Agnieszka Weinar, CARIM East, European University Institute, Florence.
Wednesday 24 April. Migrant workers and social class in Europe: racialisation and invisibility . Andrea Rea, GERME, Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Wednesday 8 May. Contextual Effects on the Educational Ambition of Immigrants' Children and Natives in Italy and Belgium. Alessandra Minello, European University Institute, Florence.
Wednesday 29 May. Gender Differences in the Education of the Second Generation in Cross-National Comparative Perspective. Fenella Fleischman, ERCOMER, Utrecht University.
- GRITIM-UPF/IMISCOE PhD Summer school. Barcelona: 2nd to 13th of July, 2012.
- GRITIM-UPF / IMISCOE Research Seminar: Democratic Representation and Diversity in Migration Societies. Barcelona: 25th June 2011.
- Seminar: La place des migrations dans la construction de la communauté politique en Catalogne. Paris: 5th May 2011
- Seminar: L'impact de l'immigration sur le débat nationaliste: Politique de frontières et diversité: une comparaison Québec - Catalogne. Montréal: 2nd and 3rd May 2011.
- Seminars linked to the Master in Immigration Management - Compared Politics of Migrations (CIDOB and IEMed) 2010-2011 2010-2011
25th April (CIDOB): Cooperation in integrating immigrants in the European Union, Luis Miguel Pariza, European Economic and Social Committee, Brussels
2nd May (IEMED): Becoming receiving countries: Southern Europe and international migrations, Maurizio Ambrosini, Department of Social and Political Studies, University of Milan
16th May (CIDOB): Developments in the debate about migrants in The Netherlands, Meindert Fennema, University of Amsterdam
23rd May (Casa Asia): New trends in Chinese migration, Frank Pieke, Modern China Studies, Leiden University
30th May (CIDOB): Intercultural Integration in Cities, Irena Guidikova, Directorate of Culture and Cultural and Natural Heritage, Council of Europe
6th June (IEMED): Europe/Mediterranean: Strategic Challenges and a Ray of Light!, Omar Benbekhti, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oran, Algeria
ESF Exploratory Workshop: Migrant Legality, Employment in Contemporary Europe
- Seminars linked to the Master in Immigration Management - Compared Politics of Migrations (IEMed) 2009-2010
- GRITIM-CIDOB Conference. Diversity and Tolerance in Europe: policies in public institutions and private organisations 22nd September 2010
- Workshop: The Ethics of International Migration Management (download program)
- Seminar "Integration Policy in the State of Autonomies" In the framework of the project " Immigrant integration in Federations" 26th March 2010. (outline)
- Casa Asia. 6th Edition East-West Dialogue. Migration and Diversity: New Challenges and Opportunities 10-11th November 2009. Participation in the pannel "Rethinking differences: Actions and Ideas for common values education
- "EMILIE Project: Final Conference. Berlin, 24 y 25 September 2009
- VI Congreso sobre Migraciones en España. Workshop "Control de Fronteras en la Unión Europea" 17 - 19 September 2009
- GRITIM - CIDOB Conference. Migration and Borders in the European Union 10th September 2009
- Seminar Ciudades para la interculturalidad, 24th April 2009