Area of Labour Law and Social Security Law
Julia Lopez is Professor of Labor Law and Social Security Law at the Pompeu Fabra University Law School in Barcelona, Spain since 1996. She has also been a visiting scholar at the Nanovic Institute of the University of Notre Dame on an annual basis since 2003. She has been affiliated with the University of Rome, the University of Paris-Nanterre II, the Institute of European Studies of the Free University of Brussels and the University of Naples. She is also member of the steering committee of the Labour Law Research Network, and was part of the organizing committee of the Inaugural Conference held in June 13-15, 2013 in Barcelona.
- López López, J. (2016) "Responding to anti-union legal reforms: labor movement strategies in contemporary Spain". In "International Meeting on Barriers to Union Organizing". Fundazione Giuseppe Pera, 11 març 2016.
- López López, J. (2015) "The effects of crisis management measures for younger workers in Spain". Workshop " Youth unemployment, inclusion and labour law". Stockholm University (Noruega). 13 march 2015
- López, J., Canalda, S. & de le Court, A. (2013) " Flexiprecarity: A Spanish version of flexicurity". Congress: Labour Law Research Network Inaugural Congress. Barcelona: Pompeu Fabra University. 13-15 june 2013
- López, J., Chacartegui, C., & Colŕs, E. (2013) "Undermining Spain's floor of minimal labor rights: the proliferation of legal codes and statute outcomes". Congress: The Notion of Worker and Segmentation of Rights. Barcelona: Pompeu Fabra University. 12 june 2013
- López López, J. (2012), "Strategies Against Demutualization - The ETUC Approach" Congress: Resocialising Europe and the mutualization of risks to workers. Londres: University College of London. 15-16 maig 2012 http://www.resocialisingeurope.org/
- López López, J. (2011), "De-commodification and family polices: best practices from a rights and capabilities perspective" Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics' 23 rd Annual Meeting Madrid / June 23-25 2011
- López López, J. (2011), "Complex and interactive strategies of Trade unions: negotiating Council Directives and organizing euro-strikes" Council for European Studies Eighteenth International Conference of Europeanists Monday, June 20, 2011 - Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- López López, J. (2010) (with a paper of Chelo Chacartegui, Cesar G. Cantón and herself) participating in the Russell Sage Foundation's Conference Employment Regulation After the Standard Contract of Employment: Innovations in Regulatory Design Bellagio Conference Center, September 20 - 24, 2010
- López López, J. (2010) "Caring for caregivers from Law: Empowerment for women as capabilities" (Co-escrito con Consuelo Chacartegui y Cesar Gonzalez Cantón) Conference "Employment Regulation After the Standard Contract of Employment: Innovations in Regulatory Design" (Russell Sage Foundation). Bellagio Conference Center / 20-24 Setembre 2010
- López López, J. (2010) "From Conflict to Regulation: The Integrative and Transformative Functions of Labor Law" Workshop: Goals and Challenges for Labour Law: A comparative reflection. UPF, Barcelona, 28 de juny de 2010.
- López López, J. (2010) "From Conflict to Regulation: The Integrative Function of Labor Law" Workshop: "The Idea of Labor Law". St. Catharine's College, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 8-9 de Abril de 2010
- López López, J. (2009):"Round table: Work and Family Time" (junto con la Profesora Chacartegui) 19th World Congress of the International Society for Labour and Social Security Law (ISLSSL) Sydney (Australia). 2 setembre de 200
- López López, J. (2009): "El lado oculto de la flexibilidad: Judicialización en la regulación laboral espańola" in the Conference "Economic Regulation and Social Solidarity after the fall of the financial Capitalism". Society for the Advancement of Socio-economics. Paris, 16-18 July 2009
- López López, J. (2009) "Soft and hard law: hybridization in labour law regulation" (with González Cantón, C.) Workshop: Goals and Challenges for Labour Law: A comparative reflection. Coordinado por Julia López López dentro del marco del proyecto I+D+I MEC-SEJ2006-00456. UPF, Barcelona, 10 de julio de 200
- López López, J.(2007): Readers J. López, Harry Arthurs (York University) & Bruno Caruso (Universitŕ degli Studi di Catania): "Author Meets Reeder - Labour Laws and global trade by Bob Hepple (Sponsored by CRN08 Labor Rights)". "International Conference on Law and Society in the 21st Century: Joint Annual Meetings of LSA and the Research Comittee on Sociology of Law (RCSL)". Berlín, julio de 2007.
- López López, J.(2007): Discussant: "Evasion of Labour Law by employers and the law's response: comparative and historical perspectives (Sponsored by CRN08 Labor Rights). "International Conference on Law and Society in the 21st Century: Joint Annual Meetings of LSA and the Research Comittee on Sociology of Law (RCSL)" Berlín, julio de 2007
- López López, J.(2006): "International Labour Law and Judicialization of Legal Systems in a Multi-Level Legal Context: Rethinking Immigration". Cornell University. ILR School. International Programs. 17-octubre-2006.
- López López, J.(2005): "Contrasts at the supranational and national levels: convergences and divergences in Labour Law". Seminario: "Comparative Labor Law: bridging the past & the future", UCLA School of Law, october 8 & 9, 2005.
- Judicialization of labour rights and international norms.
- Equality and Gender policies.
- Labour Law and social function
Important recent publications are:
- LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J.; "The Regulation of Temporary Immigration as Part of New Forms of the Supply Chain: Segmenting Labour Rights for Workers", in Owens, R. y Howe J. (eds.) Temporary Labour Migration in the Global Era: The Regulatory Changes, Hart Publishing, Forthcoming 2016.
- LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J.; " Responding to anti-union legal reforms: labor movement strategies in contemporary Spain", in Comparative Labour Law and Policy Journal, Forthcoming 2016 LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J.; La extinción del contrato como última ratio: Los mecanismos de protección del contrato de trabajo, Ed. Bomarzo, 2015.
- LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J.; CHACARTEGUI JÁVEGA, C. (Country Report Author), in Dagmar Schiek, D., (Main Investigator), "Policy responses at national and EU level" in EU Social and Labour Rights and EU Internal Market Law , 2015, European Parliament's Committee on Employment Affairs (EMPL, (view).
LOPEZ LOPEZ, J.; (2015), "Formalizing the Segmentation of Workers' Rights: Tensions among Regulatory Levels", Comparative labor law & policy journal, 36 - 2, University of Illinois College of Law, 2015. ISSN 1095-6654
LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J. (2015), "Anti-Austerity activism strategies: combining protest and judicialization in Spain", in TREBILCOCK, A. y BLACKETT, A. (eds.), Research Handbook on Transnational Labour Law, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, ISBN 9781782549789
- LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J. (dir.) (2014) Los Estatutos de los Trabajadores: papel de las normas y la jurisprudencia en su formulación. Valladolid: Thomson Reuters Lex Nova
- LÓPEZ, J., DE LE COURT, A., CANALDA, S., (2014) "Breaking the equilibrium between flexibility and security: flexiprecarity as the Spanish version of the model", European Labour Law Journal , vol. 5, nş 1, 19-43
- LOPEZ LOPEZ, J.; (2013) "Solidarity and the re-socialization of risk: analysing ETUC strategies to face the crisis", in COUNTOURIS, N. and FREEDLAND, M. (eds.), Resocialising Europe in a Time of Crisis , Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9781107041745
- LÓPEZ LÓPEZ, J., CHACARTEGUI JÁVEGA, C., GONZALEZ CANTÓN, C., (2013) "Social Rights in Changing Labor Markets: Caring for Caregivers in the European Union", in VV.AA. (dir. STONE, K., and ARTHURS, H.), Rethinking Workplace Regulation: Beyond the Standard Contract of Employment , New York, Russel Sage Foundation
- LOPEZ LOPEZ, J. CHACARTEGUI JAVEGA, C., GONZALEZ CANTON, C. (2011) "From Conflict to Regulation: The Transformative Function of Labour Law" in The Idea of Labour Law (Guy Davidov and Brian Langille ed.) Oxford: Oxford University Press
- LOPEZ LOPEZ, J. (2007) "Beyond the national case: the role of transnational labor law in shaping domestic regulation". Comparative Labor Law & Policy Journal, Volume 28, Number 3, Spring 28, Number 3, Spring 2007.
- LOPEZ LOPEZ, J. (2006) "Rethinking euro-rights for workers in the year of the new currency", in The Year of the Euro: The cultural, social and political import of Europe's common currency. (Edited by Robert M. Fishman & Anthony M. Messina) Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, 2006.